A. Military Assignments and Authorized Absences, COMDTINST M1000.8A1. PSC-EPM-2 is re-soliciting candidates for the pre-commissioning crew of CGC WILLIAM SPARLING (WPC-1154), the fifth FRC homeported in Boston, MA. Standard tour length for all members is three years. Successful completion of this tour will constitute an assignment priority four upon completion.
2. The Coast Guard is scheduled to take delivery of CGC WILLIAM SPARLING on or about JUL 2023. Members will be assigned a report date of 01 JAN 2023 for E5 and above. Members applying for the below positions will also be considered for assignment to the CGC MELVIN BELL, with a report date of 01 APR 2023 for E5 and above. Open positions are as follows:
RATE/RANK POSN NBRPOSN LOCATION
CS1 19382522FSO Boston, MA
EMCS (NOTE 1) 19382516EPO Boston, MA
Note 1: CGC WILLIAM SPARLING EPO will be an EMCS. CGC MELVIN BELLEPO will be a MKC. All EPO applicants should utilize the above listed position number on their e-resume when applying. EPO positions will be assigned in AY23 IAW updated guidance released in ALCGENL 061-22.
3. Application Procedures: Interested candidates shall submit acommand endorsed e-resume in Direct Access no later than 26 SEP 2022. Any commands that have backfill concerns due to the early report date should include that concern in the e-resume endorsement or via email to the POC listed below.
4. All positions require a Secret security clearance. Members applying must either have a current security clearance or eligible to receive a security clearance.
5. As a reminder candidates should ensure their EI-PDR is completeand accurate (e.g. CG-4082, CG-3307s, awards, and academic transcripts). Members can request a copy of their official record by submitting a digitally signed e-mail request to HQS-SMB-CGPSC-MR-CustomerService@uscg.mil. Members are also encouraged to review their ESS in CGBI. The ESSprovides a consolidated view of their information as it appears inDirect Access. This serves as a means for every Coast Guard memberto review their personal data and to ensure the information in Direct Access is up to date and accurate.
6. PSC-EPM-2 Assignment Officer POCs:
A. CS: CWO2 N. Wernicke Nicholas.J.Wernicke@uscg.mil, 202-795-6570
B. EM: CWO2 B. Frawley, Brandon.P.Frawley@uscg.mil, 202-795-6586
C. MK: CWO2 C. Wolf, Christopher.N.Wolf@uscg.mil, 202-795-6598
7. Released by: LT R. Rand, 202-795-6616.
8. Internet release authorized. B
SUBJ: AY23 OFF SEASON RE-SOLICITATION – CGC WILLIAM SPARLING (WPC-1154)