With the Culinary Specialists Rating at the forefront of all initiatives on the Commandants 100 day plan (plus all the EXTRA that comes along with being on each of these workgroups), massive CS recruiting efforts and destroying the Nations Civilian Chefs in Culinary Competitions (not to mention how short the rating is right now) we have decided to do more! Please review and participate in the following CS Event Schedule:
***September 26th – 30th Alameda – Pac Area CS Symposium (E6 and Below)
– Lead Instructors: Executive Chef CSCM Justin Reed and Sous Chef POC CS1 Kendra Garza
– Guest Chefs training/working alongside you include CSCM James Swenson, CSCM Kevin Ball, CSCS Jason Rohrs, CSCS Scott Jeffries and CSCS Ed Fuchs
– Senior Leadership Meet and Greet with – Culinary Services Division (CSC Eric Toler), AOs, Product Line, FINCEN (CSC Hunter Robinson), A/C School (CSCS Stephen Lyons) and more!
***September 26th – 29th TRACEN/Alameda – CS Leadership Conference (E7 and Above)
– Following the success of CWO Wernicke and CSCS Wright’s Assignment Officer Road Show we were inspired to hold the 2022 Culinary Specialist Senior Leadership Conference (CSSLC).
– Monday: Senior Leadership Introductions and meet and greet with CS Symposium attendees
– Tuesday: Senior Leadership Conference at TRACEN Petaluma
– Wednesday: RTAC Meeting and CSA Alameda Brief, Galley Tour and Timeline/Implementation Brain Storming Session (RTAC Members only) and Event Prep Support.
– Thursday: Possible Recruiting Event, CS Symposium BBQ Lunch Support and Debrief.
***OCT 12-16th First leg of the Coast Guard (ACF) National Champions Victory Tour and Recruiting Event Providence RI – Johnson and Wales Culinary College Job Fair.
***OCT 24nd – 28th – Culinary Support and Training event Hosted by Coast Guard Aviation Logistics Center at Base Elizabeth City NC.
Before you attend a Culinary Event please read or watch the AO Road Show Notes https://coastguardculinary.com/2022/09/07/cs-ao-road-show-qa-sept-2022/ and review the following list of top agenda items (if you have questions to submit for the Senior Leadership Conference Presenters please send them to us and we will make sure your questions are answered during the presentations on the CSSLC Teams video that will be available to all after the conference):
Commandant Intent and RW2030 efforts:
- Lateral Accessions
- Agile A School
- New FSO Insignias
- Banded billets E7 & E8 – Down the road E5 to E6 if beta test works well
Culinary Specialist Work Force Management:
- CSA Alameda Timelines
- TDY Support Updates
- Food Service Support Branch Timelines and Responsibilities
- Eagle RP timeline
Culinary Specialist Career Path Management:
- CS Career Growth Point Requirements
- New C Schools FSO-PI FSO-PVA
- SDP role in Career Path Management
- New Competencies CS-17 and CS-18
- New RFMC Solicitation
- Creation of E9 positions to get the rating closer to 1%
Culinary Specialist Financial Management:
- New Culinary Operations Manual Progress
- FSMS & PRESS and its impact on the CS Rating
- Live Time CS Financial System
- Noble/Noss and Military Sea Lift Command
Recruiting and Retention:
- CS Sea Duty Attractiveness
- Rednour Awards Update
- Culinary Team Successes and Future
- Advanced Education Selection Process
- Advanced Culinary School Opportunities
- NRA Advanced Culinary School Opportunities
- Social Media
- Recruiting Successes and Opportunities
- WPT & SRB’s Request
Thanks everyone and standby by for more information (or call me 860-389-4470)!